Friday, May 29, 2009

A Rainy Day Project

I have been meaning to post these for the last month or two, but haven't quite finished them. They have been sitting on the floor in the corner of the girls' bedroom for the last couple of weeks and are driving me nuts, so I hung them despite the fact that they are not yet done.
These two pieces of pine were actually left over from another project. I couldn't throw them out and during one rainy spell decided to paint on them. This is what I came up with...

I imagined them hanging a bit closer together, but my hubby informed me that they are heavy enough that we needed to hang them on the studs, which moved them a bit further apart.
The other problem is that the one board was an inch longer than the other and so I still need to find someone who can chop it for me. I also want to put a word in the upper right corner of the right board. I can't decide between "sweet" and "love"...I think that is what is keeping it from getting done. So now I just have to make a decision and go with it!
Other than all that, I think they turned out pretty stinkin' cute! Much better than two old boards getting dusty!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Adorable {as usual}. Wow! I love this idea. I have a garage full of wood. hmmmm.

I like "love" and then I'd drill three holes in the shorter panel and paint "y" "o" "u" on wood tiles and hang them to line up with the longer panel.