Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wedding Dress Update

I was thinking that I would post updates of the progress I was making with the dress, but there is no progress here. Not really anyway. Here is how the "mock-up" was returned to me. The plan was to fit it to her, make note of any adjustments then pull it apart and use the pieces as patterns for cutting the satin.
As you can see below, there is nothing that resembles a dress on my kitchen table! I spent an entire morning (so grateful that my kids re-discovered the dress-up box) working on the bodice. I was very excited that things were coming together smoothly. Maybe I should have taken that as a sign...something was going to go wrong. The problem is that I'm not sure what that something is and still don't. I had the bodice done, cut the skirts and as I looked at it hanging on the hanger, then laying on my over my shirt, then on the hanger again...something was wrong. SO....I picked it all apart and am re-working it. Ugh. I have let it sit on the table all day, contemplating the pieces as I walk by and see them...what to do.

No comments: