Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Elephant Nursery

Just now, as I was shuffling through all my pics, I realized I haven't shared the quilt I made for my little sister. She and her hubby are expecting their first -a girl- in May. She began collecting elephant stuff a while back and decided to do an elephant nursery. I offered to make her bedding as my gift. I wasn't sure how to make elephant bedding that was "girly". . . hmmm.

Sometime in January, we went fabric shopping and found a cute pink, brown, tan, cream color combination - oh, so cute. I t matched the baby animal jungle print she had picked out earlier. So I dropped everything else and worked on the crib skirt and bumper, then the curtains, and finally the quilt. I just fell in love with them and she seemed to enjoy adding each item to the nursery as I finished them. I really should take the camera next time I'm over there, but for now, here are the pics of the quilt...




3 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

What an AWESOME gift... Your sis will cherish FOREVER! I love your elephant, I wish I knew how to add things to a quilt... I was wondering if your color quilt was done the same way...?

Shelley said...

sure is! google "quilt applique with freezer paper"...should give you some good reading for a few days! :)

Jill said...

amazingly cut and perfect