Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Got the Red Out!

It was a bad April Fools joke...my sweet Poppy Squares Quilt was finally done and just as always, I pop them in the wash for gentle cycle and then a spin in the dryer to pucker it up. Only this time I got a horrible surprise...the red had bled all over the cream and pink. It was ugly especially on the back. I should've taken a picture to show you, but it almost looked like piecing on the back as well as the front. Ugh!

 So the final trick that worked wonders??? Resolve In-Wash Stain Remover with Spray and Wash. For the most part, I don't like to use harsh detergents on my quilts, but this was war!! I filled the washer, added the amazing stuff and let it soak for most of the day, stirring occasionally. After spinning and letting it air dry, here are the results:




Available in the shop later tonight!

2 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

HOOOOORAY, I'm so happy you were able to save it...

foolishme03 said...

Yaaay!!! It's really beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!