Friday, March 21, 2008

Taking a Break

My sunshine is finally here and we just can't stay inside today. It is the perfect weather for the Easter weekend, parties, egg hunts and all that comes with it. Even more fun than sewing and making fun things for the shop is having fun with my kids. Nothing beats seeing the excitement in their eyes as they wait impatiently to find those eggs. Today as I was filling eggs, I had my little one on my lap. She was being so quiet and good. I thought she must be enjoying all the colors that lay before her. Oh, not quite. I looked down and there she was, with chocolate smeared all over her face and hands, on her shirt, on my jeans, on the crinkled tin foil that lay empty. Little turkey...she had snitched a Kiss and I didn't even know it. She sure was enjoying it and all we could do was laugh and smile with her.
Hope you all have a Happy Easter Weekend and enjoy all the time you get to spend with your kids. Check back tomorrow night as I will let you know who wins the Quiet Book!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Please tell me you & your kids did not really make those eggs in the picture...ours didn't turn out quite as cute...

Shelley said...

No, we have yet to dye ours so I borrowed this lovely picture. Ours are pretty in a different sort of way.