Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Help for Haiti

After hearing about the large 5.9 aftershock that hit today, I have decided that I need to do something to help Haiti. I've been following all the updates and to some little teeny tiny extent feel their pain. Our family was in Houston for Hurricane Ike. Listening to the hurricane pass through the night was a very frightening experience, surviving the following 3 weeks without power, groceries or gasoline was something else. Our Ike days were life changing, but were only a drop in the disaster bucket compared to Haiti. After the hurricane hit, I remember thinking, "the rest of the world is business-as-usual, while I am trying to bathe my kids (with no hot water ), determine just what we are going to eat today (no power) and wondering when (with no phone service) I will be able to talk to my family. How can they just forget what has happened down here?" I feel for them, my heart breaks for the children. I can't sit on my comfy couch, wearing my warm jammies, relaxing at the end of each day any longer. I am determined to make a difference, even if it is only a little bit.

Here is the deal:

*************************************
For the next 3 days

JANUARY 21, 22, 23

the money from all pattern sales will be donated to

The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints'

(for more info. on this fund, click here)
*************************************

That means that your money is
donated to help those in Haiti and
you get a quiet book pattern in return!

They have nothing, we have everything...


Also, please check out the HEARTS FOR HAITI Etsy shop. All items have been donated and proceeds are going entirely to Doctors Without Borders.

No comments: