Monday, October 11, 2010

KFC, I have a BEEF with you!

Sorry, I need to vent....
Not about the quality of the food, but the amount. Our family doesn't often eat out. We decided to splurge & include a trip to KFC to enjoy a warm meal as we drove through the canyon to see the fall leaves. Our kids prefer white meat, so I opted to order crispy strip meals for each of them. After getting our order, we pulled over to check that we had everthing. Nope, the kids drinks were not there. I was shocked to discover that the mashed potatoes now came in tiny little plastic containers. The portions were SO small. I ran inside to request my 2 kids drinks and also asked about getting more potatoes (that small amount would never satisfy us for the afternoon). The clerk quickly got the drinks and let me know that additional sides were 1.49. I asked how big the "side" was? He proceeded to open a drawer and show me the container with the red lid. No thanks. I went back to the car. Are you kidding me? How can KFC charge 1.49 for about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes? Do they know that I can buy 10 lbs. of potatoes for that same price? I bet I am not the only mother to open the kids meal and gasp when they see that it consists of one, ONE crispy strip to accompany that 1/2 cup of potatoes. I realize that they may feel like those are considered "portions" according to the USDA, but how in the world can you charge 3.99 for that? I considered it a rip-off and wrote off our meal to a learning experience...we won't be back-ever! For the price of our lunch that day (22 something) I could have bought 48 inches of Subway sandwich, 20 hamburgers, or cooked an entire Roast Beef dinner, complete with ALL the sides. The kids were hungry 30 minutes later. What happened to the KFC of yester-year???

I was not a happy mommy, but I put on a smile and we enjoyed our trip up the canyon. Look how beautiful...

No comments: