Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cloudy With a Chance of Sewing


Usually I am a sunny person. I love to wake up in the morning to the sunshine pouring through my window. But, I must say that when the weather man predicted rain storms for the entire day today, I was thrilled. When it rains all day, we can't play outside. When we can't play outside, I get more time to sew! Hooray!! So...while the kids are busy playing, I have been using all of my lovely time to work on some new things for the shop.
Within the next week I hope to debut the latest product from SW Designs. It is a play mat designed for younger elementary age kids. They are meant to encourage creativity, fine motor skills, spacial awareness, problem solving and other cognitive abilities. They are so great I just can't help but be so excited. My pre-schooler sat on the rug for an hour exploring the first one I made. Of course I was thinking. 'Yes! It is doing exactly what I hoped it would.' That is...helping her learn and giving her skills while she had no idea. It was just pure fun and I can't wait to show you what is inside!
In the end, this cloudy day has been a great one and I am hoping for sunshine tomorrow!

No comments: